sexta-feira, 10 de julho de 2009

sadness

Today i'm feeling sad, really sad... completly sad.

I'd a bad night, 'cause i've been working late at night (till 5 a.m.) and i slept just 2 or 3 hours.
My working day was about the usual, but i was feeling tired and sick.
After receiving a present to E., there i was on my way to the last commitment of work: a meeting.

I arrived early and was chating with a colleague of mine when we realized we had someone in common: a fantastic woman in her 30s'.
We met each other in our psychodrama training and we've learned, cried and laughed a lot for two years.
We don't talk for about 3 or 4 years, but i do remember her lots of time and there're so many moments i think to call her but, as usual, "it's too late".
We don't live in the same town, but i know that if we see each other tomorrow it would seem we talked and laughed for the last time some days ago.

A few hours ago, i knew she's fighting a tumor in her had.
A few hours ago, i didn't know if she was or not alive.
A few hours ago, my mind was not in that meeting but somewhere else, near D.
A few hours ago, i stoped again to think how stupid we make our days: we live fast and i don't like it at all!
A few hours ago, i felt happy with the results of my last surgery.
A few hours ago, i just thought i'm a lucky one and hugged E. for a long time.
A few hours ago, I couldn't stand the wait and called D. The mobile rang and i eard her unique voice,... but i could't say a word!

This weekend i'm going to a small friend birthday party (she´s 7!), but sunday i'll give D. a call and be with her as soon as possible.

She's one of the most strong, creative, fun and humanitarian woman i've ever known.
She'd a great view of life, events and thoughts. I really hope she holds on!

With all this, I standed in the car for a while, thinking that i can no longer wait for these kind of momments to make efforts to be with the ones i love. I usually say this, but it has been a long time since i really do it.

This time, i think i won't forget it.

You're in my heart, dear D.

2 comentários:

  1. How I do understand you, my friend... We just have to seize the day, because time is not enough. Just say your friend how much you care for her. It can be so important.
    A big kiss for you

    ResponderEliminar
  2. That was really a beautiful and touching post...which makes me think more too about how I should contact those who I haven't spoken to for a while.
    Thanks and thank you for becoming a follower of my blog...
    Big hug.
    Char.

    ResponderEliminar